Adobe is set to release a new version of Magento on March 14th. While the new Magento 2.4.6 may seem like a minor version update, it actually packs a range of new features and changes:
- Support of PHP 8.1 and 8.2. Support for PHP 7.4 has been removed.
- Backward incompatible changes due to replaced libraries.
- OpenSearch can be used as a default search.
- Better accessibility features for users with special needs.
- Improvements in cache handling, scalability, and performance.
- Ehnancements to speed up large stores.
In conclusion, the release of Magento 2.4.6 is a significant update that will have a substantial impact on the eCommerce industry. Read in details what new Magento version brings.